On this modern era requires all aspects of care using modern facilities. The modern facilities would use sophisticated tools and bring the consequences of pollution. To cope the pollution, various attempts have been made. Afforestation has been promoted by the government. In addition we need to seek to minimize pollution in the house with air conditioning plants. To help you choose suitable plants grown indoors, I will review.
- Bamboo Palm ( Chamaedorea seifritzii) This plant will thrive if planted in the home with high humidity under high light. This plant can grow if planted in a large pot. These plants are not resistant with too much water . Soil conditions must have good drainage. Use a pot with holes and soil that retains water use and flows well. Best composition of the soil is : 1 part coarse sand, 2 parts peat and 1 part humus. Bamboo Palm can be used as an air purifier houseplant for substances benzene, formaldehyde, toluene, and trichlorethylene.
- Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum morifolium) This plant has a very beautiful flowers. In addition, this plant is very well suited to be placed in the room. This plant can improve the quality of fresh air in your home, because these plants can filter out pollutants such as tobacco smoke. In order for these plants grow and develop properly, you can put this plant with enough sunlight but not direct sunlight. As well as give adequate drainage when growing plants in pots.
- Ivy (Hedera helix ), a substance that can be absorbed by the plants that make your indoor air clean is benzene, formaldehyde, TCE, toluene, octane, terpene (the most effective air-conditioning plants for removing benzene according to NASA).
- Dracaena Massangeana, this ornamental plant is a plant that can reduce the levels of benzene and formaldehyde in your home. Not only benzene and formaldehyde, these plants can filter the air that contain of xylene and toluene. This plant likes bright light, but will die if exposed to too much light. So if you want to take care of these plants, try not to put in a room that is too much sun light. Once the drainage, for granting water is also not too excessive.
- Lily (Spathiphyllum), this ornamental plant is a plant that can help clean up your room of substances – pollutants. Can even filter out contaminants such as benzene, formaldehyde and trichlorethylene.
- Hoya carnosa, ornamental plants comes from Philippines can also be your choice to be placed in the room of the house or office in order to keep fresh air from pollution. According to studies at the University of Georgia, Hoya carnosa can absorb VOCs. VOCs are volatile organic compounds, usually in contaminants can come from household goods carpets, wood panels, paint, pet, formaldehyde, benzene and toluene. VOC compounds can be also derived from old books, newspapers, wax and adhesives.
I suggest you to put some air conditioning plants inside your home. Than good for health as it absorbs pollution, your home will also look beautiful with air-conditioning plants.