Indoor drinking water fountains are a great choice. However it needs a great maintenance as well. This is how you should maintain your water fountain.
A great maintenance is needed when it comes to indoor drinking water fountains. First of all, it is located indoor. It means that there are people who are responsible to take care of it at all given times in order to keep it from dirt or unclean substances. Second of all, it is used for drinking; it is supposed to be kept clean every time, since the water is going into your mouth and the fact that it is indoor doesn’t guarantee that it is not exposed to bacterial growth. Therefore, it is suggested to follow this very easy to follow steps to maintain water fountain.
Do you know what makes the water flows every time you drink from your water fountain? The pump, which is submerged in water all times help to circulate the water and keep it filtered. A water pump needs to be submerged all times, if it isn’t, then algae and possibly bacterial growth may appear and damage the pump. So, keep it submerged and check on the water level every day. Moreover, as much as it needs to be kept under water, a pump uses an electric power. Thus, you have to keep the power on all the time.
Alongside that maintenance procedure, you also need to know the right process to clean a water fountain. Here are they:
- Turn off and unplug your fountain. This is basic and most people know about this, just that they sometimes forget about how this action will eliminate risk of electrical shock.
- Stones or pebbles that you use to filter the water need to be removed and cleaned properly.
- After the stones and pebbles are removed, now remove also the fountain pump.
- Clear the water out of fountain and then wipe clean the inside of the fountain.
- Repeat the process backward: Place the pump and stones or pebbles back into the fountain, refill water, and plug in power.
Folks, those all are the right maintenance process to keep your water fountain free from algae or bacteria and bacterial growth. It is very important to follow exactly like the steps and remember to always carefully remove the pump, since it is the core of the fountain. Also, in cleaning the inside part of fountain, do not, or never use a bleach or cleaning products that contain dangerous chemicals substances as it will ruin your indoor drinking water fountain’s hygiene.